Kundig FilmTest 3G: Offline Film Thickness Gauge
Process Optimization and Quality Control
The Filmtest is an offline measuring system for extruded films, used for process optimization and quality control labs. It is an ideal and easy to use system for measuring film thickness gauge, in an offline system. The combination of several measuring functions in an offline system makes the Filmtest a valuable tool for a professional quality control. Due to fast and easy handling it is practical to perform measurements at every roll change. Consistent measurement means you can provide your customer with more assurance that delivered production is within specification.
How it Works
• A sample of the film is cut by means of a cutting plate, that guarantees that the exact width of the sample is 150mm
• The “Variospeed” sample scanner uses optical sensors to track the film edges; automatically transporting the sample through the capacitive measuring device
• The length and the weight of the sample is measured
• The square meter weight is determined using length, width and weight, then the average thickness is calculated based on the density
• The thickness profile is measured with a high resolution capacitive sensor
• The sample of the film does not need to be formed into a loop, it will be transported through the capacitive measuring device
• Film samples that are cut into several pieces can be measured one after the other, the software will put the measuring data together and will create the complete profile
• The square meter weight is determined using length, width and weight. Then the average thickness is calculated based on the density. This method allows a much more precise film thickness gauge profile measurement than other systems on the market
• All measuring values will be registered during the same measuring operation
See a video of the unit and its features here.